Classique

Thursday, June 4, 2009

1st interview

Tomorrow I have my first teaching job interview. How I feel tonight is the equivalent to a first date, you know where your nervous and excited all the same time. I have been applying in various districts in Arizona. And only districts that have current positions posted on their websites. Most of these districts are far away and not within the Phoenix metro area.

I have sent out a little more than a dozen applications. I started about 3 weeks ago and had not heard a thing back. Someone had messaged me on facebook and asked me If i had any lucky yet. As i was writing her back telling her that I haven't I got a phone call to come in for an interview a couple of days later. And that afternoon I got another call for one next week. They are both about 50 miles one way to my house. Yikes!

My interview tomorrow is in Superior which is east of the Superstition mountains in a small mining community. I am looking forward to meeting with the principle and see what the school is like. They have a 1st and 4th grade opening. Something else that is exciting is they have small class sizes they average about 14 students.

When I was at the Honda dealership I started eye balling the CRV. I still like my old car. My plan has always been to run it into the ground. It was brand new when I got it and I've had it for almost 8 years. It's still very reliable and no payment is awesome! I drive my mom's Toyota mini van that she got last year and I love everything about it (well other than it's a mini van). It's so easy and fun to drive. Every time I drive it I'm totally impressed.

For the past few years I have thought of buying a house before getting a new car. But when I don't know where I will be this year and even next year. Should I stop that focus and get something fun to drive? I don't know. Cars are not a very good investment. They are money suckers. If I'm going to be driving an hour each way to work it would be nice to have something nice to drive. Or I could move more east where it wouldn't be as much of a commute.

Well time to start practicing for my interview.

1 comment:

Kori Ann said...

I hope the interview went well! Let us know!