Classique

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A lot is going on

The program I am in at ASU the school district hires site based substitute for the spring semester. If you do a great job at the school you are assigned to you will get a teaching job in the fall. This is very nice because you don’t have to go searching for a job or stress about finding one. I received a letter at the school inviting me to go to a meeting for the site based sub. This is exactly what I wanted! I go and meet with them the first week in December and if all goes well they will hire me.

There are two tests that have to be taken to get your teaching certificate once you have your degree. I took both tests on 9/20. The scores are posted a month later on 10/20. I passed one of my tests. The other one I am still waiting to find out the results, I finally got an e-mail this past week that said the Department of Education is meeting on 12/08 to approve the cutoff scores and it will then take a week to find out the results. Almost 3 months to find out seems a little excessive. I have a feeling that I’ll be retaking that test. Of course that’s what I thought about the other test since I rushed through it and stopped reading some of the answers. But since I passed it I am feeling more optimistic about the 2nd one.

This past week I went to a bridal expo. My sister is getting married next September and since she’s in Germany until July Mom, Kim and I are helping her plan it. It was kind of fun seeing the bridal fashion show. Okay more like it was fun seeing these ridiculous dresses and colors the models came out with. One of the models kept having wardrobe malfunctions. The next day we went and met with the even planner. I met mom and Kim at the place and before we headed inside Kim gave me a card that came in the mail. I saw that it was from Chris (my future brother-in-law). I figured it was some save the date card so I was annoyed that Kim wanted me to open it then and brought it (since that could wait I know when the wedding is). She told me to still open it. I pull out the card and there is a pretty pink dress on the front (so unlike Heather, she’s more of the tom-boy in the family) and it says “will you be my Bridesmaid?” and in the inside Chris wrote for Heather (again she’s in Germany) “Surprise!!! My day just wouldn’t be the same if you weren’t a part of it! Love, Heather”.

That was so sweet and what a nice surprise. I love being surprised especially when I’m getting annoyed or mad and realize I’m being dumb. I thought it was super sweet that Chris helped Heather (I was telling and showing Kevin and he didn’t think it was that sweet... so I kept trying to explain it…men!). I am so glad that she asked me. Kim of course had to read what mine said right away to compare. Now after becoming a bride’s maid and meeting with the even planner I am so excited for this wedding!

I started feeling like I was getting sick on Thursday and sure enough I am now sick. I went to student teaching yesterday (I haven’t called out one day the whole semester that would look super bad on my behalf) and the kids kept trying to give me remedies. It’s kind of sweet but I am not taking heath advice from an 8 year old.

Here is a funny story from interning. Last week I was teaching my students to, too, and two for language arts. We talked about what they mean. When I was having them do guided practice from their books. I would read the sentence and they would write the answer on their mini white boards.

I read from their books:

I went (to) the mall.
Can I have (two) plumbs?
May I have more ice-cream, too?

One of my boys raises his hand and says – Um Miss R you are giving us the answers! ;-)

2 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

I'm glad you were surprised. And I'm glad Kimberly made you open it, even if you really didn't want to. I knew from the beginning, but I wanted to send you guys something. So anything I told you, was just to make it seem more of a surprise. Hope it worked ;) And I should probably be updating my blog soon.

GPS cell phone said...

is good news!i love this blog!!
china electronics