Classique

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Irresolute

I was going to blog about something. And now that I’m at a PC to type I can not remember what I was going to blog about. How poor I am? I’m about to graduate? Seeing the movie Twilight? Going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra with the family tonight? Cleaning my car? None of these really seem blog worthy today.

I have 3 more days with my 3rd graders. I am really going to miss them. I have become attached to each of them. Last week I kept getting mobs of hugs. It was nice but at the same time it was difficult because we had lots of work to do. I am going to miss my mentor teacher. She is amazing. I really got lucky being placed with her. I am thinking about getting her a $20 gift card to Starbucks and then some roses/flowers. I don’t know nothing seems amazing enough on a shoe-string budget. For my students I am giving them a little goody bag with a special pencil, eraser, and then a message about what I liked about them (to make it more personalized). I might put a few other small things. 3rd graders go through pencils and erasers so quickly, I think they must eat them. ;-)

Yesterday Mom, Kim and, I spent the whole afternoon and evening shopping. It was a lot of fun. We went to 3 places to do brides maid dress shopping. We went to three places a boutique, David’s Bridal, and Aztec. They were not close together so I decided the route we would go first. I made the mistake of going to the Scottsdale place first. Since it was a boutique they had maybe 50-75 brides’ maid’s dresses in one size. There was no way I was going to fit my butt or boobs or anything for that matter into them so Kim tried them all on. There were about 20 that we liked and she tried on. We ended up with 2 that we loved and 2 that we liked. One of the 2 we liked was a Vera Wang, so this is what the other dress shops were being compared to. Next we went to the Aztec Place and I felt so out of place. I did not like it there at all! We didn’t try anything on. Last we went to David’s Bridals. Now I thought there stuff looked cheap when we went to the Bridal Expo and saw the stuff on the runway models. Kim and I tried on dresses at the same time. I was in-between sizes so that kind of sucked. One size I couldn’t zip up and the next size up I was falling out of everywhere. I think we liked 2 dresses. They really have strange stuff. D.B was alright. I don’t really want to wear anything from there. The 2 dresses that we liked from the first stop I need to try something on closer in my size so we can see how it fits me.

It kind of drives me nuts because every place we go to do wedding stuff mom has to tell the person how the bride is in Germany and won’t be back until July. Why this is true we hardly get any service or taken seriously. I keep getting mad at mom and telling her not to say it. She always says she knows but hopes they will feel sorry for her. I finally told her they don’t, they are picturing Heather to be like the typical bride who has to have everything their way, and that’s so not Heather. Kim and I are pretty much in-charge of everything (except the billing…lol) because we have no problem making executive decisions in Heathers behalf. Mom on the other hand cannot handle it. What is the big deal? It’s kind of fun planning a wedding. Although I’ve never been one of those girls that dreams about their own weddings and even being immersed in the wedding culture I haven’t gotten on the wedding bandwagon (for myself). Although I am super excited to go to Heathers wedding, it is going to be so much fun.

1 comment:

chlorinemonster said...

Haha. That's really funny that mom tells everyone that I'm in Germany. it shouldn't matter too much for bridesmaids. You guys are the ones who are wearing them. I'd prefer you picked one you really like. Though I do really like the brown halter one from the first store. A lot.