Classique

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Do I need to be a Stepford-girlfriend?

Turtles can breathe through their butts. [Glad I'm not that talented!] ;-)


I had my first green beer, it was pretty anticlimactic, if you want to know. It was fun to go out but I ended up spending my night at a Mexican bar. I know. I know. Wrong kind of bar. But, let me go back a few hours before. I started getting ready for the evening and I felt funny. After I was done with my hair my face was bright red, I felt nauseated, and had a headache. I had been looking forward to going out (and I had perfect hair - never happens) and I still wanted to go out.

I called Kevin and he told me to take a nap and that he was going to do the same. I laid in bed and it was one of those times where it doesn't feel like you fell asleep but I did. I felt so much better when I got up. My hair was no longer perfect but I did my best to put it back in place, got dressed, and did my makeup. I looked pretty dang cute. It had been awhile since I felt that cute, I'll have to work more on that. I get ready to leave grabbed my purse and my cell phone.

I check my texts and I have one from Kevin... "I was looking forward to going out... but I'm going to stay home and work."

Are you kidding me? I called him and it went right to voice mail. Well, I was not going to spend my night looking cute watching The Biggest Loser.

I got in my car and drove up to North Scottsdale. It takes me a little bit to drive up there so on the way I had time for butterflies to accumulate in my stomach. What was going to happen when I got there was he going to be home or maybe he lied and went out. Was this 5 month relationship going down the drain tonight?

When I got to his place all the lights were on. So, i went and knocked on the door. Kevin answered but I didn't get a hug hug and def. not a kiss. What a warm greeting. After small talk we head over to the Irish Pub. You didn't think the Mexican bar had green beer, did you? It was so crowded, no place to sit, and hard to talk. After a few plastic cups of green beer. We went across the street to Saltys where we could actually sit and talk. I kept ordering beer and had fun. Kevin was stressed from all the work he's been doing but every once in awhile would loosen up and have fun.

Things have been kinda of weird. Work consumes Kevin. He has a lot going on at his day job and they piss him off all the time and then he's working on getting his online rental business going when he is at home. I am trying my best to get along and be understanding of all his stress by TRYING to keep my tongue and comments to myself (not add fuel to his fire). It's really hard esp. when he can be passive-aggressive about things. Like the whole I'm not going out for St. Pattys anymore since you don't feel good even though i told you to take a nap but I'm mad about it...
Relationships are very hard for me. We all know that girl that HAS to be in a relationship well I'm the opposite of that girl.

I should be going over to his house tonight but I don't think it's fun sitting there watching TV while he works away on the computer. I want my fun Kevin back not this stressed out grumpy bear. However, I know if i don't start spending more time with him things will end. I'll have to suck it up and just go over there. Hmmm...better yet maybe I should just study for my test over there it's not like I'll have a lot of distractions.

It's time for me to step up and do my part of the good girlfriend.

1 comment:

~ Sara Ann said...

Awe honey... you're so sweet. I love your blogs. I'm back in AZ now so lets get together!!!