Classique

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beep! Beep!

Yes, I'm a slacker... I have been neglecting my blog. I have no good reasons for not updating my blog. I have lots to blog about. So much has changed over the past few months. Tonight I'll pick one of them - my car.

It was the day of Heather's (sister) bridal party. Kim (sister), Tricia (Heahter's MOH), and I were throwing my sister her party. Heather wanted it to be mexican theme so the three of us decided to throw it at Macyo's. It was the perfect set-up. We didn't have to prepare any food or decorate.

Right after school I had to drive over to my parents house to help get things ready to take over to the restuart. I was driving on the highway (maybe 10 miles west of Casa Grande) in the middle of knowhere when the gas pedal stopped working. I pulled over to the side. Luckily my phone and internet worked. I looked up a tow truck and called them to come get me and my car. I didn't end up having to wait very long on that hot August day. The guy towed us to Honda in Tempe.

I made it to Heathers party with only minutes to spare. It was a lot of fun.

The next day the dealership called to tell me that it was my transmission and it would be a little more than $3000 to fix. My Honda was paid off and I was hoping to drive it for a few more years. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to throw $3000 into a car that will having problems and I also didn't want to have car payments. That night I went online to Tempe Honday (since that's where my car was at). And I did one of those online applications. I hadn't even thought about getting a car so when it asked what you were looking for I just put civic coupe. It's what I had so I knew I would like it.

Sunday morning I received a phone call from a sales guy at Honda. He told me they had 2 models of what I was looking for. He told me how much he would sell me the car for and aroung what the interest rate would be. An hour later I headed down there with my dad. He insisted to go since I never bought a car on my own. On the way there he kept trying to talk me into getting an Accord instead of a civic. While I would love to have gotten the Accord coupe all I saw in my eyes was extra $$$ (car cost, matience, gas). I wasn't quite ready for that. Plus this car is to just get me to and from work.When I got there I looked at the color I was interested in and went in and signed the paperwork. A hour after arriving at the dealership I left with my brand new car.

Next time I go to purchase a car I will do the same thing and save myself those extra 'haggling' hours.

No comments: