Classique

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where is home?

I have always loved unpacking and putting stuff in it's spot. (Packing and moving totally different story). Every move I have ever done I've unpacked and been all moved in over a weekend.

I moved the last weekend of August. I moved in and started unpacking and then I started freaking out a little bit and completely stopped unpacking. Several times a week I was considering paying the $2500 to break my lease. Where ever things got placed when my family moved me in is where things stayed. So for the past 2 months I have been surrounded by boxes and just not using stuff. The only thing stopping me from breaking the lease was that I had no where to go? I could move back home (although my mom would be beyond pissed off). Let's face I'm almost 31 and it's no longer acceptable to be living at home. So where else would I go?
Good things started happening last weekend. I started going through the boxes on the kitchen counter and washing the dishes. Today I went though all the boxes and my kitchen is almost all the way put away. It's weird to see and have so much counter top to now use. I have actually started thinking about how to decorate things.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

That's very exciting! What are you thinking about for decorations?

Angela said...

I kind of got the kitchen looking decent. Of course I have no idea what kind of color schemes/themes I want in each room!!! In the small bathroom I was thinking of doing a lighthouse or Island theme but i don't know if i will get tired of that. And that's probably as far as I have thought. I've been thinking about the other bathroom but nothing pops into my head.... Which is probably a good thing, since that will cost money.
In the living room I want to get a new couch and TV stand. Pretty much re-do that entire area.