Classique

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 r

This year has been all about change for me. I think the only thing that has not changed is the size of my bum.

New career, new car, new place to live. For one that doesn't like change that is an awful lot.

My sister got married this year. Her wedding was incredible and so much fun. It was an honnor to be one of her brides maides. I am looking foward to being an Auntie in a few years. My sister married a great guy and his family is awesome and lots of fun.

I went to Portland and Seattle to visit my friend and sister. I love visiting people I love.

Talked to my friend about my school. She contacted someone who was able to get people in the community to help out the school. It was so amazing! I went to the school and 50 families got a $125 food box from Walmart and got things like milk, turkeys, bananas, etc. They also got a toy and each school aged kid got a shirt, jacket, and socks. They also are having more jackets sent to the school. And they presented a check to the school for $3000. I got a lot of hugs. News chanel 15 wanted to so a story on it but u didn't get the vm until it was too late. Now that would have been stressful. It was amazing to be able to have so many families get a little extra support over the break. The most amazing part is the people were telling me they would like to make this an annual tradition and make it bigger next year. All that good karma led me to have the best Xmas. I still can't believe some of the awesome gifts I got. I wast expecting much of anything.

My students wrote letters to Santa. And woe did i learn the true meaning of Xmas. Now I did have a few kids ask for the new toy they wanted. I wasn't expecting some to only ask for a pair of new shoes. Shoes!
As a child my mom taught me to help those that need help. I love that she instilled that quality in me when I was so young. As a child I loved doing the Christmas Tree Angels.
Xmas is not just about getting a child a new toy but necessities as a new pair of shoes or a jacket so they have something to wear on these chilly mornings.

Some things that are not totally amazing.

When I moved my dog decided he could not be home by himself. He tore up my stuff. A lot of flip flops got ruined that first month. My mom thought of a solution having my parents dog (his bff) come over during the week. Now everything is just dandy with my dog. I just have to drive their dog home on Fridays and pick him up Sundays. Which adds a lot of miles to my car. I guess a happy dog is a happier Angela. Plus my parents dog is goofy and always doing strange things. Yesterday, he wanted to lay on the couch. When Deuce did not figure out from being looked at for 5 mins he climbed up on top of Deuce and sat on him for awhile. He is a big boy to boot (97lbs). I enjoy his silly antics. He makes me laugh.

This year I also deveopled alergies. Nose spray was not scary as I thought it would be.

I am excited to see what happens in 2010. I think there will not be as much changing. But you never know!

No comments: