Classique

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My twin

My wonderful friend Shaunna ended up being assigned to intern at the school that I'm student teaching at. This is fantastic since I now get to see her a few times a week. The first day she was there she stopped in my classroom. My 3rd graders were inside and starting the morning routine. Now Shaunna and I are about 2-weeks apart in age. If we don't look the same age she looks younger than me. I had just gotten done telling my class that she was Miss R's friend. As Shaunna was leaving one of my little girls comes over to me and asks if that's my mom. (sorry Shaunna!!!)

Today my sister Kim came to the school so we could go out to lunch. She came to the classroom and hung out for a little bit. I'm 29 and my sister is 18. Several of the students were asking if we were twins. Now we keep calling each other 'twin'. They did some pretty funny things while she was there.

During recess I took the guinea pig out of the cage so the girls whose job it was could do something. This guinea pig is shedding like crazy. I always end up with these long white hairs on me when ever i touch her. I went out to the playground. One of my girls told me I had guinea pig hairs on my shirt (not sure how they know whose hair it is) so i was brushing them off with my hand. When i stopped brushing off the hairs on my stomach the girl starts patting my stomach to get them off. And then she does it to my chest - oh my!

1 comment:

Stella said...

LOL, kids are so funny! You and your sister totally look alike. There is no way that Shauna looks like she could be your Mom but kids are just silly. Once I was eating lunch at school with Kimmy-girl and her little friend said she liked my pink wallet. I said, 'Thanks, my Mom gave it to me.' and she said..."YOU have a Mom???" :D