Classique

Monday, December 1, 2008

Life gave me a lemon.

There is no point to being mad because well really what good is that going to do? Other than put me in a bad mood when it’s outside of my control.

I got a letter in the mail from the IRS. I had to call them and it turns out that they didn’t get my taxes this year. Because they were not received they are deemed late. Not only am I being charged fees and interest but I don’t get the stimulus check because I didn't "file in time". What I owed was pretty much what the check was for so I didn’t think much about it. So free money is bye-bye (unless it suddenly gets found with the post mark date on it), i still owe, accrued interest, and have a penalty fee...this just plain sucks. I guess I should have looked into this when the checks were issued since the last 4- of my social starts with a 0. This is sure a crappy learning experience.

No comments: