Classique

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just take my money now....

So, I forgot to return some library books that I checked out awhile back ago. I finally returned them over the summer. I hadn't made it over to the library district to pay my fine.

Well, I got a letter in the mail from a collection agency. And I totally freaked. Drove the 30 minutes to the library and paid my $43 fine.

The lady looked shocked that it was so high (I didn't tell her that I didn't learn my lesson the last time I checked out books and the fine was almost double).

Someone should just revoke my library card now. Please?

Funny (ironic is probably a more appropriate word) thing is I use to get so annoyed with an ex boyfriend who would always be checking things out from the library and then having $20 and $30 fines. I always thought it was ridiculous and how could he let it happen. And now I'm doing the same thing.

Hopefully, I have learned my lesson!

3 comments:

Kori Ann said...

Lol! I once got taken to collections from a library too. OOPS!

The Smiths said...

Thanks for keeping the library running ;)

Pam the Realtor said...

Remember that these kind of fines can actually really hurt your credit scores too.