Classique

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paint Colors

Those two little words stress me out. My goal today was to go and get a brown paint and to have one brown wall. That did not happen.

My furniture is black and my colors are brown with a light greenish/blue color.

Kitchen: either want to do a light all over Carmel color -or- one light greenish/blue wall and the rest the Carmel color -or- all over greenish/blue color.

Living room: dark brown on the wall by the kitchen. Part of that wall has a huge cut out so you can see into the kitchen. I want the rest of the walls the carmel color. There are two popouts (I don't know whatelse to call them) that are like an entry way arch down each hallway. I think iwant those popouts to be the same brown color or the blueish green color.

Hallways: both the camelish color.

Guest bathroom: light turquoise blue.

Laundry room: light yellow color.

Guest bedrooms: I am thinking of just finding colors that I love and match the rooms to the colors (this will be something way down the road).

Master bedroom: I really want to do a light gray color. I just don't think it will go with the rest of the house. I got a painting book and I loved a room that they had with light purple and white. It looked great against black furniture. I worry that i'll get sick of purple.

Master bedroom sitting room: I've kinda turned it into the office. I could do a fun color. It's kind of a darker room. It doesn't have a window it does have a sliding door but I have it all locked up so I don't ever have to worry about forgetting to lock it. I also keep the blinds closed so that room is always dark. A bright fun color that goes with the bedroom and bathroom color might be fun.

It will take me a long time to get this house painted. Even though it's small. The vaulted celings and all the little nitches and corners will be challenging for me.

I figure I'll do the house in parts. And I thought picking out a brown paint would be simple.





This is the brown color I liked earlier. I liked the 3rd lightest color for the carmelish color. And the 2nd darkest color for the brown. However when I looked at the colors compared to my chair cushions I didn't like them together. I am thinking I need to find more of a deeper darker brown to go with my color theme.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more paint adventurous.

No comments: