Classique

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Student Teaching Part Deux

I still haven't found out my student teaching placement and never received a response to my casual 'have you heard anything, yet' e-mail. This better be a great placement since it's taken over a month and still nothing. Below is the message I sent today - hopefully i hear something soon.


Hi ______,

I have not yet received my student teaching placement and was informed that I would have it by May 13th I contacted you a week ago and have not received any sort of response. Perhaps my message did not go through. I am becoming increasingly concerned about not yet having a placement for a number of reasons. The calendar on the Chandler District website indicates that teachers begin reporting in less than 60 days. I was instructed that student teaching begins the same day that they return for the new school year and there are many time sensitive issues to be resolved prior to this. For example, Chandler is a district that spans over a wide area. Thus far I have not been able to coordinate with my employer to work Friday evenings because I do not know my commute time, which factors into my ability to determine what time and the length of time I will be able to work. I have yet to get this approved by upper management as they are going out of their way to make a special concession for me to work a few hours a week during student teaching. I have been asked by management repeatedly in the last few weeks to provide a proposed schedule and I have unable to provide them with this critical information.

Additionally, I endeavor to be proactive for student teaching. I pride myself on being prepared ahead of time and had planned on familiarizing myself with the standards for the first and second quarter. I would like to have grade level appropriate resources and tools that I can pull from, if my cooperative teacher allows, but I do not even know the grade I am going to be placed in. This is hindering my ability to prepare in any way, shape, or form.

I am certain that you can appreciate the apprehension and sense of frustration I feel by not yet having my placement communicated to me. I would like to make an appointment with you to have this situation resolved as soon as possible. Please let me know when you are available. Any assistance you can provide to expedite a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Angela _______
(xxx) xxx-xxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are not going to call you if you have your phone number x'd out... Duh! :)

Mrstx said...

LOL at Brandon!

Great email! I am thinking you will get your response very soon!

Angela said...

Stella, I had some help but it totally helped! She responded with, "you haven't gotten the placement in the mail yet". Ummm no! I'm just glad she didn't call me out on my bluff for an appointment....lol

Bad_Apple said...

"I get by with a little help from my friends..." I am so glad your email worked and that the great wait 2008 is finally over.

Side note: the world is full of creeps. Like you're actually going to publish your phone number for the world to see (joking or no, Brando McBrandon).

Anonymous said...

PERFECT letter I LOVE IT!!