Classique

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Focusing on myself

I am usually pretty good about not feeling the pressure from society for what ‘I should be doing’. Every once in awhile it’s hard and it can become an obsession for a few days. Thankful the logical side shines through and reminds me I need to do what makes me happy. And tonight I am almost back to the rationale of doing what makes me happy.
I also feel like I am at a point in my life where I need to decide. There are many options right now I could step it up a notch or not. I like living with my family. Of course I don’t really want to be the only one of my siblings still living at home when I am in the 30’s and they will both be in the early 20’s. Even as much as I like to tease my parents and tell them I am waiting for them to move out.
I feel like I should be buying a house. I can’t tell you how many people I went to school with who have houses that they paid over 500k for. Of course my house would be like a little tree house compared to their custom built houses. And truthfully it would be fun to live in a house of my own for a month and then I would be bored. And then I will be poor. Bored and poor are not the best combination for me. That would not make me happy. I do realize that one day I need to grow up and not be all about me. I would like to adopt a 3-7 year old one day. I don’t really know when I need to start looking into that more. I know I want to be established as a teacher and I will need a place of my own. I don’t think the adoption agency would look fondly on a living with parent’s status.
The last few years I’ve learned to be content and relish today and not dwell on the future like I had as a child and young adult. I also have learned to never compare your self to others’, the grass only “looks” greener on the other side. But, once in awhile it’s hard.

No comments: