Classique

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Inspection

Yesterday, was the home inspection. I am slighly annoyed because the home owner still didn't have the gas turned on. She's outta town and having her lawyer set all this stuff up. If I had known this I would have postponed it longer.
Nothing major is wrong with the house. A few minor things need to be repaired. There are a few recommadations. One of which is the carpet needs to be restretched in the master.
I think I am going to request all repairs be fixed and carpet restretched in master. In addition to something about the gas for the heater and fernace.

I am paying this ladies asking price so it only seems fair. That the house be in as best condition as it can. Comparables in the neigborhood are going for 20k less but this house has a ton of upgrades and well worth the extra money. I hope. Pam am I on the right track?

1 comment:

Pam the Realtor said...

Sometimes you have to be careful not to get too picky. I tell my buyers to concentrate on the big stuff. Make sure your Realtor separates the request with the warranted items. A lot of Realtors make that mistake around here. Any mechanical, electrical or plumbing issues are warranted items and MUST be in working order, so the seller doesn't have a choice to fix them. Email me if you want to discuss further, but if you have trusted your Realtor this far, you should trust them now. Surprised you are paying that much more over comps though. I am assuming you are in Maricopa?