Classique

Monday, July 19, 2010

Probelm?

"There are no probelms, only solutions."

I know more house talk. But, I feel silly putting this on facebook.

When I decided to make an offer on the house my realtor said he wasn't sure where the appraisal would come in at. He thought the seller was asking too much but the appraisal would sorta dictate the sale price.

Appraisal came back today and it is $10,000 lower. Which is good and bad. Good being that I might get the house for less. Bad that I might be starting all over again because I do want the closing assist included in a house that I buy. Right now I don't know what the seller is going to do. And I don't really know what I'm going to do. I do now have the legal opportunity to get out of the contract unless she accepts the conditions the same just at the lesser price.

Although I will be living in Maricopa for a few years due to my job. It does make me nervous to buy a house here. And I don't really want to live in Casa Grande because it's so farther from home. I kind of justified the buying of a house is that with prices so low here I could probably maintain the house and not live in it should I get another job down the road. I hate renting though. Especially when it costs more to rent a house than it does to buy and that's including all the taxes, hoa, etc. Of course I do live in a house that is much bigger than I need. I could find a rental that is a more appropriate size and pay $150 less per month. Living in this house has taught me that bigger is now always better. I thought I needed a 3 bedroom/2bath with at least 2000 sq. feet (and yes, I live alone). Kind of funny to think that was my mindset less than a year ago.

5 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Dang girl, that is a big house! 2000 sq. feet?! Our house is 1500 sq. feet and we have 3 kids!

I hope your house deal works out!

Azmomo2andcounting said...

We found a place in Maricopa Meadows. Its a great fit for the kids for schoolsince they are both in the highschool...plus since we have lived in Maricopa for 5 years now... its somewhere we haven't lived yet. We've lived in the Villages x2 , RED x2, Hidden Valley... hehe.. ok so I really like to move.

So you have sooo much inventory to chose from to buy and rent here. So don't get stuck with something that you over paid for. Good thing is that house prices are gonna go up and if you bought low if you end up renting it out in the future you could prob rent for more than your payments.

Oh and if you do have to start over looking... like me I am SURE you will find something even better. That's what keeps happening to me ;=)

Pam the Realtor said...

Whatever you do, don't over pay for the house! This is a buyers market after all and it shouldn't even be an as is sale if it's not lender owned. I'm a firm believer that if things don't work out, it for a reason and there will be something better for you down the road.

Angela said...

AZ - I know! Well now I do. It doesn't really feel like it's that big because it's a 2-story and I hardly ever go upstairs. Thinking about cooling that in the summer time is depressing.

Christine - wow, you moved a lot. Did you liek the Villages? That's where I'm trying to buy. A teacher friend lives in there. I def. don't want to overpay.

Pam -your right, what's meant to be will happen. Thanks for all of your knowledge and advice! You've been so helpful. :-)
Time for me to go watch BB. I still need to check out the board. I'm kind of affraid. What if it sucks me in for a few hours. LOL

Azmomo2andcounting said...

Villages is worth it. My parents live there now. Although we don't use the pool and the gym much... its nice when people come to visit.