Classique

Friday, April 8, 2011

The ordeal is over

I still can't believe I had to get stitches. I never planned on ever having to get them. And I know this because I've thought about it before. When you have a phobia of needles and pain you tend to think about these sorts of things. Or at least I do. Just like I was never going to have my wisdom teeth removed. But when I was a young adult those came out too.

We just had a fire drill at the end of the day. My kids were getting ready to be on the floor. I went to my rocking chair sat down and instantly got up. Because I saw the scissors that were in my pocket were now sticking out and I could feel blood droplets in my hand. I have one pair of small sharp scissors. I rarley use them. They are usually far in my desk with the guard on them. I will never put scissors in my pockets again!

I have felt blood sliding down my skin before but have never felt drops of it. Was the weirdest feeling ever. I went over to the sink and could not get my finger to stop bleeding. I sent my kids next door. Most didn't notice what had happened. I went up to the office to get some gauze.

A few people told me I needed stitches. I told them I wasn't getting them but with several people telling me I started to get nervous. I went to find my phone and the thought of having to get stitches gave me instant tears. I called my mom and she told me she would meet me at my house to bandage it up or take me to urgent care. She hardly even looked at it. I was so nervous at urgent care. I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't cry. The needles hurt and getting your skin stitched together feels so crazy. You can feel your skin being tugged and pulled but it doesn't hurt.

It was a big event for me. And I am glad it's over. I did pretty good (phobia wise). But I never want to go through that again.

No more stitches. There goes my future in hand modeling!




No comments: