Classique

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm half a mess

I am finally cleaning and organizing everything in my room. And I had to pull out stuff from the garage. A lot of stuff is going to GoodWill - so that's good. It's always nice to uncluter. So, i thought i needed a lot more clothes for student teaching but i was TOTALLY wrong. Apparently I have a massive amount of clothes. I already gave over two black garbage bag full of clothes, purses, and shoes. And it still looks like I went on a massive shopping spree. It's a good thing though because i am so poor right now any how to buy more stuff for student teaching.

So there are lots of forgotten memories that I found in my paper boxes. I found a lot of stuff from Enoch (we broke up after i moved) so that's been kind of hard. Everything i find has been making me sad. Even birthday cards from my wonderful friends and I don't know why? It's strange. So, I've been so productive but it's making me so emotional. Do you hold on to the memories...i can't seem to throw them out. I went from three storage boxes and can now fit it all into a shoe box now that i took all the bills, receipts, etc. out and shredded those.

I've been really bad the past year and half with hording stuff, being a pack rat, and a totally slob. I see shows like this on Oprah. I'm forcing myself to do it all before student teaching: room, bathroom (did last week), office, and clean the car. I think there were certain things I wasn't ready to deal with (Room/Storage stuff) and thought 'ignorance is bliss' approach was the best method. So, it's a relief to finally be dealing with everything. It's just hard. But, in order to move to the next phase in my life it's vital.

Okay, back to my clutter I go. I'll post pictures (probably next weekend) when I am completely done with everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gotta post pictures WHILE you're decluttering... so we can see the before/during/after pictures...