Classique

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cupcakes

I've been looking a lot things related to cupcakes lately. I decided to try my first batch last night.
It seemed easy enough to whip up some looking like...



And then after making those I thought I could tackle something very fancy like...





Well, it is a lot harder than it looks. I have hardly baked anything my entire life. It is way harder than it looks. Here was my first attempt at cute cupcakes.


I did a light orange, purple, and turquoise. Pretty good for my first attempts with coloring. Although frosting cupcakes is a lot more work than I thought. The cupcakes are a little higher than I had wanted. But they all came out in almost the same shape and size.



I was going to do the frosting with the light orange all over and then do a purple flower with teal leafs. See the orange cupcake below? That purple blob was my attempt at a flower. :-D





This is going to be a lot more work and a ton of practice!!!! On a happy note these cupcakes where better than any cake I've ever made. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I still think that "attempted" flower didn't turn out right. :) We should make something tonight. I'm not doing anything. We can make cookies or cupcakes :) Yummy...it sounds so good.