Classique

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not a ball-busting career gal afterall!

I started feeling around Monday and Tuesday that I did not get the position I applied for at work. And it was not much of a surprise to me when I got called into the office on Wednesday and told that I did not get the job. D asked me if I am interested in the same positions on the cert floor and told me how knowledgeable I am. Also how I need to reinvest myself in the company first (i.e work 40 hours a week which I would totally be willing to do for the right job). Pretty much her response was just a bunch of corporate bs. The whole "lets try to put a nice spin on it to not piss people off". This seriously makes me want to quit this week.

But, I still need something called - - money, money, mmoooney.

There where two job openings. For one of the positions I love the person that got the job. I just met her yesterday and she seems amazing. I am excited to work with her. The guy that got the position I wanted to have.... well, I was happy for him until we had our team meeting yesterday. Where he just acted, like an idiot.

First of all he didn't want to introduce himself (we had to go around and say who we are and what we do on the team for our new boss).

And then when someone called him on it for not going after everyone had finished, he said very weakly, "I'm ___ and I guess I'm the new team lead".

What the hell, you guess you are?

That really irritated me.

I get the whole, okay maybe your nervous even though he has been on our team forever but to have ZERO self-confidence and to say it like you don't really care about it. I just thought it was very insulting. So, my days at the company are going to be coming to an end. Since there "in my opinion" is no future for me here and I'm so fricken bored with what i do. Guess I won't be a ball-busting career gal after all.
I'm not really pissed about not getting the position. Just really kind of bummed. I am ready for a "REAL" job. This in-between stuff is not for me.

On to better news. I find out about my test results on Monday. I really am thinking I passed this time and that makes me a very happy girl. And the plan will still be to try and find a teaching job in Houston. I'm not going to lie. The thought of moving is making me really nervous. I know it will be so good for me. I keep reminding myself that. It's time to grow up and do things on my own. Things r a changing around here by the week.

And the best news yet. Tomorrow night is the Britney Spears concert!!!! I can hardly wait. ;-)

No comments: