Classique

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm so busy

Last night the family, minus Heather (since she is in another country), went to Red Lobster (yuck) to celebrate my parents’ 33rd wedding anniversary. Mom was twenty and dad was thirty when they got married. Maybe I can imagine being married at thirty but I could not imagine being married when I was twenty. Of course I was pretty immature back then and still am a bit. That makes life fun, right?

I am loving student teaching. I now teach a portion of Language Arts (the grammar – my worst subject area!!!). Luckily the book tells you everything you need to know. And this week I am going to start adding a reading group. I’m a little ahead of what ASU recommends as far as teaching but I need all the practice that I can get. My host teacher, who is amazing, is giving me lots of control.
I cannot believe that someday they are going to pay me to do this. I don’t want to only blog about student teaching and kids but that’s almost all that I’ve been up to these past few weeks. I cannot believe I’ve already been there for three-weeks. On Friday when I went to the lunch room the cafeteria manager told me, “Connie, (the cashier) just loves you and thinks you’re so cute!” Okay, outside of school life that doesn't sound too good but at school – well, it's totally acceptable. Apparently I’m just so sweet! :-)

Deuce is not really enjoying this new schedule. It feels like I am still away from the house the same amount of time even though I'm gone a lot more. And now have somewhere to go every day of the week - making him not a happy camper. When I get home he HAS to be wherever I am at. This morning (well I should say afternoon) when we got up he didn’t want to leave me and wanted to be in our room. I guess he thought we should hang out all day together in there (normally he only wants to be in our room to sleep or to play with his gigantic bunny - i should post a picture of him trying to carry that giant thing around...it's hilarious). Hopefully he gets use to our new schedule soon.

Tonight my online class ends or well the final and then 3 chapter summaries are do. That sounds like exactly how I want to spend my Saturday night. I am looking forward to not having any more classes.

I'm dying to see my friend Stella who is in Town. She is only like 20-25 minutes away from where I live. She wants to hang out when she is over on the east side of town. Sure does suck too have to wait. What is that saying, good things come to those who wait? ;-)

2 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

LOL, too bad I missed out on Red Lobster! And that's funny about Deuce. And very exciting about student teaching.

Kori Ann said...

That's great that student teaching is going well. You are amazing for being able to do all that! I am sure you will be a great teacher.