Classique

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Student Teaching 101

We have a class pet. It's a Guinea pig and she is lots of fun. The best class job is taking care of her. I put some thought each week into who i want to do which job. Some kids cannot handle certain tasks - there are all sorts of jobs. Right now since school is still new
  • I will not have a shy kid be the pledge leader
  • A bossy girl is not going to have jobs where she can be mean to the other kids
Each week the kids want to know who gets to take care of the class pet. It's a big deal! What they don't know is that I pick the shy kid or the ones that have low self esteem. It really makes them feel good. It makes me feel great seeing them with their big smiles taking care of our cute little pig.

All the little things in the classroom take a lot of thought. One of the many things we don't learn in college.

~~~~~~
Q: What is the most stressful time in the classroom?
A: So, far it's art or cleaning up the room at the end of day! Who knew!

~~~~~~
One of the boys told me yesterday, "tomorrow is my birthday". Since i do not remember any other Birthdays for the month of August, I looked up on the sheet with the D.O.B. from the office. His Birthday was listed in April. Today he comes to class and tells us it's his Birthday. Come to find out it's a thing he is "celebrating" at home. He doesn't "want to wait" until April for his real Birthday. That's too far away! (why didn't i try that one when i was a kid?)

3rd grade is hilarious. I laugh every day. :-)

2 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

haha. sounds like you're having fun!

Angela said...

I am having so much fun. Every day the kids do things to make me laugh. It's awesome!!!