Classique

Saturday, August 16, 2008

So close but yet so far

Sometimes to land a teaching job you have to be in the right place at the right time.

At the school I’m student teaching at – which I love. The principal decided to take the 2-1st grade classes and split them up to 3-1st grade classrooms. This means the principle has to hire another teacher. Had he decided to do this in 3 months AND he likes me I could totally have had my own little job. He did ask me a week or so ago what grade level I was interested in teaching…dang why didn’t say, “I love them all it would be too hard to choose”. ;-)

I’m kind of sad but not really. 1st grade would be hard for me. Still there would have been some familiarity and A JOB!!!

2 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

that would be really exciting!

And as you can tell by my pictures, my walk was not at midnight. It gets dark a little before 10 here. And I don't take random walks at night. Don't really like walking home from the U-Bahn station to my house even though it's less than 5 minutes. Just because I'm alone and I don't really know the area. And yes, I really like it here. It's fun so far. And I can't believe I'm going to be gone a whole year. I finally got to talk to Chris for the first time this morning. And I still have yet to talk to you on Skype while I've been here. You missed last week's family Skype time. And this time you all are at the cabin. I hope you guys are having a blast. I'm sure you are, especially getting out of the heat.

Anonymous said...

I think the right job, that you are meant to have, will find you. While this would have been a good opportunity there is something even more perfect for my Angela out there. Like a 3rd or 4th grade gig where you will be sublimely happy. :)