Classique

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

10% off for your child

Yesterday my dad picks up a promotional flier he got in the mail from USAA (banking, insurance, and loans). This flier was for insurance.

D: Do you have USAA?
A:Yes [Note:I've been a member for over 14-years. He had to fill out paperwork listing me as his dependent so I could be a member]
D: [He picks up his mail] This says that my child can get 10% off.
A: Well I'm an adult.
D: Yes, but your my child
A: I'm an adult not a child. They didn't say your "dependent" can receive 10% off. It says "child".
D: Even if you're 60 you will still be my child.
A: I think they mean more like 16-21.
D: You need to call them so you can get 10% off, just tell them your my child.

Later I read his flier. It says that if your child is under 25 they can get a 10% discount. Dad is silly. It makes me laugh this "discount" if i was young enough would save me $6-7 a month. I didn't tell him about that part. It was cute that he is trying to save me a few dollars a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still a member of USAA... Even though I haven't been in the service in 6 years. Good lord has it been that long?

Angela said...

Aren't they awesome? I just love that rebate check every year.