Classique

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meet the Teacher

Tomorrow I get to meet my students. I am excited. I went out to lunch with all the 3rd grade teachers today and they talked about "meet the teacher" night. I guess it's a little bit awkward. The parents come and they either don't have anything to say OR want to spend 10-minutes talking about their child(ren). And apparently the kids just stare at you. I'm glad i won't be the only one a little uncomfortable tomorrow evening. ;-)

Today was another long day and lots of fun. I knew teachers did a lot of work but I HAD NO idea how much work it is!!!! And school hasn't even started. It's been great going this week and I cannot tell you how fast time flies. I left my house at 7:30 this morning, got home at 8:00, and did homework until 8:45. It really feels like I've been awake for only 4-5-hours. I hope life slows down, else I'm going to be gray everywhere very soon. :-(

I'm exhausted and I am going to bed at 9PM! Guess this day jig is going to turn me into an early bird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your adventures in student teaching. I am excited to learn all about your experience.