Classique

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Awww

So, i've been at the same job for over 9 years. That's a very long time when you're 29!
Today my boss sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted a pot-luck or get lunch from somewhere for my "last" week (i'll still be lurking around there, just not hours people are usually there). It's a bitter-sweet feeling.

Anyways, i told her just whatever is easier that people want to do. I really didn't want to make a big deal about it. I don't want to start crying or anything - not that i would - but sometimes i cry. Like you know when you get that Birthday dinner song - sometimes that can make me cry. Or when I'm mad about something and i have to talk about that something I'll start crying. Pretty much until I know how i feel, internally I don't know how to feel so i cry. It's rather annoying and so EMBARRASING if it happens around someone...anyways!

During our meeting today they took a vote and decided to get lunch from somewhere. My friend was like lets do pizza. Hmmm...pizza is not my first, second, third, forth choice.

Later when i was back in my bosses office she asked me if i wanted Pei Wei or Olive Garden. That sounds way better than pizza. They are sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! We so do not have to get pizza. It's your last week and you have been there FOREVER. I don't know what I am going to do when you are gone! :(

Anonymous said...

9 years is a long time...

Longest I'd been at a single place was about 4 years...