Classique

Monday, July 28, 2008

1st day!

Today was the 1st day of 3rd grade. Overall the class is very cute. Last year there was a 2nd grade teacher at the school who allowed her kids do do WHATEVER they wanted (needless to say she was asked to leave). You can totally tell which kids came from her class. They think it's okay to run in the halls, talk in the halls, turn around in your seat and talk, not raise your hand, not listen, etc., etc., It's been a bit of a culture shock today when we went over all the rules and things not to do. One girl even got a tummy ache after discipline was talked about. If their behavior is not very well they can get after school dentition.

One of the sweet girls brought me her text book that someone had wrotten B&*!#@ in big letters. This caused a little uproarh amonths the nosey students who wanted to see it. But, they didn't.

It was a good day and I cannot believw how tiresome I am (and I didn't even do that much) as far as teaching and interacting.

I am still thinking about my Austin guy. I really want to call him. But I won't bug him while his cousin is there visiting. I'm still sad about it and still like him.

2 comments:

Jadeny said...

Is this summer school?

Angela said...

No, the district I'm student teaching in started the new school year this week. Most districts in the Phoenix area don't start for a few more weeks.